PhotoSqueak, an Image Processing Framework

Duane Maxwell dmaxwell at banana.exobox.com
Mon Oct 23 18:31:41 UTC 2000

>> > - Squeak lacks JPEG file writing (and needs faster reading too).
>>Some squeaker was working on this... can't remeber who or where ...
>
>We had one of these projects, but the student ended the project
>before completing it.  He had a hard time understanding SLANG,
>particularly how to create appropriate declarations.
>
>Mark

Hmm, I thought he had it simulating just fine, but it stalled when he
discovered that you can't call back into Squeak from the plugin.  I've had
similar issues when trying to Slangify classes that need to use streams -
at some point down in the bowels you need to call "(some)Stream>>next".
This is also the case with the latest MPEG stuff - it's really not well
integrated into Squeak since it relies on external files.

-- Duane