Linux....

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Sat Oct 28 11:45:39 UTC 2000

Gerardo Richarte wrote:

>         When I open this .image with SourceForge's VM, I get a
> primitiveFailed for pathNameSeparator (I don't remember the exact name)...

The SF VM is fully pluginized. Your VM does not find the FilePlugin, so
the primitive fails.

>         And... Is SourceForge still being used and updated?

Unfortunately, no. After Ian's last big bunch of changes it got quiet
there. Ian promised to check in his sources at SF, but hasn't yet. The
latest VM sources is Squeak-2.8pre4.tar.gz  at his site
ftp://ftp.inria.fr/INRIA/Projects/SOR/users/piumarta/squeak/

>         Ah! yes... Is SF's source OS-event driven?

Nope. Squeak-2.9a.pre1-src.tar.bz2 might be but I didn't check yet.

-- Bert