How to implement dialog sequences ("wizards") with Squeak?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun Oct 29 16:34:08 UTC 2000

Andreas Kuckartz wrote:

> I am looking for hints on how to best implement user interfaces using
> sequences of dialogs which can be traversed back and forth (named "wizards"
> in Microsoft Windows) with Squeak.
>
> I did not find anything searching the Squeak-Swiki.

Well, in Morphic I'd implement it by pre-loading all the sub-dialogs
(the parts that change) onto AlignmentMorphs. Then as the user navigated
back and forth through the sequence, I'd install and de-install the
AlignmentMorphs on top of my main dialog. Perhaps I'd make an object
for each step of the process that knew how to do itself, and also held
onto the pre-loaded AlignmentMorph.

So the main dialog Morph would look something like:

WindowWithButton
  Alignment
    Alignment (this gets changed step by step)
      Text
      other morphs as needed
    Alignment
      Button (prev)