Squeak Bug Fixing Party at OOPSLA Camp Smalltalk

Andrew P. Black black at cse.ogi.edu
Mon Oct 16 05:06:20 UTC 2000

Hi Doug:

Attached is the fix to
	SequenceableCollection>>atAll: doesn't work for OrderedCollection

I also poked around in PargraphEditor and TextMorphEditor.  There are
no objects that refer to the TextMorphEditor that is in my workspace!
This is a bit weird, because I would expect there to be at least one,
from the MorphForEditView that is the view on it.  But no, the editor
field of that object is nil.

I set GLOB to be a global that names the appropriate TextMorphEditor,
and then  I executed

	Smalltalk browseAllObjectReferencesTo: GLOB except: { GLOB } ifNone: []

The result was 1 object -- the association between GLOB and the
TextMorphEditor.
WHich implies that without GLOB, it would have been garbage collected.

So, maybe the idea is that there is really only ONE TextMorphEditor
around at any given time ...  Of course, browsing allInstances gave
me 11

I guess I'm confused, and it's late, so maybe I should stop thinking
about this.

Incidentally, do you know why command keys  (Cmd-f etc.) don't work
in Whisker's scrolling list panes?

	Andrew

PS  This helped a bit:

'From Squeak2.8 of 13 June 2000 [latest update: #2359] on 15 October
2000 at 11:55:07 pm'!

!ParagraphEditor methodsFor: 'printing' stamp: 'apb 10/15/2000 22:52'!
printOn: aStream
	super printOn: aStream.
	aStream nextPutAll: ' on '.
	model printOn: aStream.! !

PPS.  While you are in paragraph editor, I'm also attaching a small
fix that I did to "explain". I think that I already posted this to
the mailing list.