Type Inference

ajh18 at cornell.edu ajh18 at cornell.edu
Wed Sep 13 15:46:39 UTC 2000

Hello all,
Is anyone else working on type inference besides Lex Spoon with his Lucid
system?  I just want to be able to look ahead and see what messages get
sent to a variable.  I need this so I can try to translate Smalltalk to
Theta which requires variables and methods to be typed.  A Theta type,
like an interface, specifies what messages an object must understand.  If
I can build this translator I will be able to port Squeak to Thor, a
distributed object database system from MIT.  For more information see
the Squeak-Thor page on the swiki at http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1643.
Thanks,
Anthony