Squeak Foundation suggestion

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Wed Apr 18 17:07:34 UTC 2001

Tim> I think the foundation could be a really useful entity. I've already
Tim> spent non-trivial time working on the idea with Dave and others (who can
Tim> unmask themselves as and when they wish) and I'm happy to spend more
Tim> time on it. I hope you are, too.

If you want to use an existing structure (which is already 501-3-c approved),
might I offer "Yet Another Society", at www.yetanother.org

    Yet Another Society is a non-profit, 501(3)(c) corporation for the
    advancement of collaborative efforts in computer and information
    sciences.

Although originally formed around Perl, YAS is already looking at
high-ROI-infrastructure support for Python and Ruby, including
sponsoring a Ruby/Perl meeting in Japan next year.

YAS was also successful at raising $55,000 in just three weeks to
sponsor Damian Conway for a "year of Perl", so the right people are in
charge and get things done quickly with minimal fuss.