Linux Squeakers...any problems on 2.4.3?

Kevin Fisher kgf at golden.net
Wed Apr 4 20:53:07 UTC 2001

This is directed towards anyone running the 3.0/3.1 VM on Linux...is anyone
'living on the edge' running the latest & greatest kernel (2.4.3)?

I recently updated from 2.4.2 to 2.4.3 and noticed that Squeak suddenly has
problems talking to the serial port.  This is strange, since Jpilot (a palm
pilot syncher) seems to work just fine.  However, my X10 controller (which
uses the Serial class) no longer works.  If I boot back into 2.4.2 I have no
problems...Squeak can use the serial ports just fine.

I'm going to dig into this further if I can, but I thought I'd ask first if
anyone else has this problem..  I notice the latest Alan Cox patch has some
sort of serial fix so I may give that a try.