[GOODIE] Faster class finder

Wiebe Baron wiebe at cosmocows.com
Fri Apr 13 11:22:49 UTC 2001

> Looks like a nice idea, but I can't get this working (on a Mac).  I
> just did an update to #3892, and still no joy.
>
> The ListSearchMorph pops up, but the key events don't seem to be
> handled properly.  ESC types a 5, delete types a 3, but a-z don't
> type anything.  Looking quickly at the KeyboardEvent that I get when
> typing an 'e', I see that it is a keyDown with a keyValue of 14.  I
> sort of expected a keyPress with a value of 101.

Ah. The ESC & delete is a result of some ungraceful hard coding on my part

	'evt keyCharacter == 8' vs. 'evt keyCharacter == Character escape'

which I've fixed in this attachment (also replaced the keyDown:evt with
keyStroke:evt, the latter being more popular, and therefore better :-).

A-Z not working suggests that  'evt keyCharacter isAlphaNumeric' returns
false on a Mac. Is this true? It shouldn't be...

-Wiebe