SDL, OpengL, etc (was: Squeak + Darwin)

Jeff Szuhay jeff at szuhay.org
Wed Apr 11 14:06:31 UTC 2001

>I think an SDL port of Squeak would be *great*. I'm actually looking for
>OpenGL support, but all the other things it offers (like tuned
>blts etc.) would be worth it, too. See
>	http://www.libsdl.org/intro/whatcanitdo.html
>
>SDL is licenced under LGPL, which should be fine with the SqueakL.

the (somewhat ambitious) project I am working on in Squeak will involve
porting the Quesa library to Squeak (mostly using FFI, I think).

Quesa is an open source replacement for Apples QuickDraw 3D but now
uses OpenGL as its low-level rendered instead of RAVE. Quesa has been
ported to quite a number of platforms now.

So, by hook or by crook, I'd say that OpenGL support is coming.

8-)

   Jeff Szuhay              A randomly-directed
   www.szuhay.org          chaotical wetware pattern
   jeff at szuhay.org          recognizer/generator.

   It is amazing what you can accomplish
   if you do not care who gets the credit.