An idea: About collecting lot of your small ideas

Göran Hultgren gohu at rocketmail.com
Tue Apr 24 15:08:04 UTC 2001

Hi all!

--- Stephane Ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> Hi

[SNIP]
> I would really like that everybody seeing some small problems just record
> them. I started to record the ones I fall upon in the Squeak World Tour wiki
> (note that such a changes could be made into the current versions too).

I have felt the same way lots of times.

A different approach (instead of using Swiki) to this problem would be to be able to "annotate"
the code - or do we have this functionality in some way already?

Like adding comments to methods etc. but with the little distinction that they are not normally
shown except for some small marker saying that there is such comments to be seen if one were to
turn on a special annotation switch. And perhaps the markers themselves could be turned off too -
for those that despise this proposal. :-)

These comments could be broadcasted to the mailinglist with a certain tag, collected by some brave
soul, packaged as a changeset and then broadcast to everyone using the updatestream.

Then when looking at the code you can - if you want - access all those thoughts by others!

Well, I do not know - it sounded smart when I wrote it... :-)

regards, Göran

=====
Göran Hultgren, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
icq#:6136722, GSM: +46 70 3933950, http://www.bluefish.se
"Department of Redundancy department." -- ThinkGeek