Stable Squeak?

Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com
Wed Apr 18 08:06:12 UTC 2001

> "Stable Squeak" is not available anywhere and it is not possible to
> contribute to it. It is therefore obviously not Open Source. We should not
> waste time with vaporware or make plans involving it.

"Stable Squeak" is no vapoware - I got a prerelease image from John Sarkela.
The image is derived from Squeak2.8 with the apple fonts removed.
The image comes with the following packages:

	01. Base Contributions
	02. S-Unit 3.0
	03. Base Image Tests
	04. Events
	05. XML (simple to use XML compiler)
	06. Serializer (simple language neutral object serializer, format is
XML)
	07. Flow framework
	08. Remote Objects
	09. Refactoring Browser
	10. Annotated Objects
	11. Repository
	12. Modules
	13. Modular Tools
	14. Smalltalk Interchange Format (SIF) File support

Since the last tour stop was SmalltalkSolutions I think John will
incorporate last changes and publish a finalized form. I've send him an
email
to report the progress of the tour also to the Squeak mailing list.

Write an e-mail to sarkela at home.com to express direct interest.

Bye
Torsten