Smalltalk & Squeak featured on Slashdot

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Apr 30 15:51:54 UTC 2001

On Monday 30 April 2001 03:55, Stephane Ducasse wrote:
> And this would be great to have classes that have less than 200 methods ;).
> In the same idea, I strongly think that string does not have to know
>     asURL
>     as....
>     asblabla
>
> Because then everything is linked together.

I doubt that this is feasible w/ squeak, but in a perfect world, asURL
asBlaBla and friends *would* be part of String, but they would also have a
module they were associated with; so you could browse methods by class or by
module.  In theory, module dependencies could be automatically computed,
then...

It's really powerful to be able to add methods to Object, sometimes; but it
would be really neat if you could take those methods *OFF* too :)

--