Memory monitoring in Squeak

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Thu Apr 12 03:17:18 UTC 2001

What's the quickest way to track memory usage of a process as it
runs? Of course I am just looking for any quick hack people have in
mind. I thought it would be interesting to know.

My only thought would be to look at the number and/or rates of sends
of "basicNew" or its underlying primitive bytecode. Of course this
would be different for streams I believe.

As a side note, it might be useful to either augment ProcessBrowser
with this kind of monitoring or make a separate smaller tool to view
the results.

Thanks,
~