Pink Squeak (was Re: Stable Squeak?)

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Thu Apr 19 06:28:28 UTC 2001

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Doug Way wrote:

> "Pink Squeak" as the new name for the version of Squeak targeted
> toward business/commercial use?  Hmm, "Squeak" by itself is already a
> bit whimsical sounding, but this might push it a bit too far.  Why not
> go all the way and just call it "Golden Twinkie" or "Frosty Cuddles"?
> :)

I must admit, Pink Squeak doesn't sound like anything to be targeted for
serious use. Not only does it sound more whimsical, it sounds... dumb.
Not that it doesn't have it's signifigance, and I mean no disrespect.  But
if someone has no clue what Blue, Pink, Chartruse planes are, it's going
to sound dumb.  Getting the reference relies on acedemic-ish knowledge,
not the practicle business logicland knowhow.

> I'm not really sure what a good alternative is.  I suppose you could
> call it SqueakPro or something like that, but that has a sort of
> marketing drone feel to it.  PowerSqueak?  PipSqueak?  I'm comin' up
> dry here... I got nothin'.

Heh.  I like PipSqueak, but don't know how useful that one would be
either. :)

> - Doug Way
>   dway at riskmetrics.com

Aaron Reichow  ::  Twin Ports ACM VP ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
"The profit system follows the path of least resistance and following the
path of least resistance is what makes a river crooked." -U. Utah Phillips