MacHack (was Re: Squeak article in MacTech Magazine)

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Wed Apr 4 05:35:26 UTC 2001

Jeff Szuhay wrote:

> Just received MacTech Magazine, Vol 17, No. 03, March 2001
> and to my surprise there is a relatively nice 4 page article (pp. 74-78)
> about Smalltalk and Squeak.

Cool!  I guess I shouldn't have let my MacTech subscription lapse after all...

Which reminds me, I was somewhat tempted to attend the MacHack developers conference this year to do a little Squeak boosting, and hearing about this article is encouraging.  I haven't attended a MacHack before, though... is anyone on the list thinking of going?  It sounds like a few folks are going to the WWDC, but MacHack is a lot closer for me.  Also, I haven't done any true Mac hacking in awhile (the last compiler I used was Symantec C++, if that gives you any idea), but I'm still a loyal Mac user, mostly as a platform for Squeak, of course. :)

> This article might be on the mactech web site but I haven't checked
> yet.

They don't appear to have current articles on the website.  Guess I'll have to check the local magazine rack.

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com