Pink Squeak (was Re: Stable Squeak?)

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Thu Apr 19 13:54:33 UTC 2001

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Stephen Pair wrote:
[snip]
> Having said that, I would say that SqueakPro and PowerSqueak are not that
> ideal either...after all, what's the alternative...SqueakAmateur and
> WeakSqueak?  That's not accurate, nor is it good, but it is the conclusion
> that someone new to the community might draw.
[snip]

When Ralph Johnson annouced his "Stable Squeak World Tour" at Camp
Smalltalk 2, several in the audience (myself included) worried about the
possibility of "Regular Squeak" being labeled "unstable" in
contrast...which is true in the origianl sense Ralph meant it (i.e., often
changing) and not nearly as true in the sense we were worried about (i.e.,
crashy).

Business Squeak and Research Squeak seem unhappy too.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.