Morph Q's on alignment and text editing

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Thu Apr 26 01:53:13 UTC 2001

I have some newbie questions about morphs.

ALIGNMENT
I am sticking some morphs into a morph (a RectangleMorph) with
topToBottom listDirection.  I would like them to be along the left
edge.  However, setting listCentering: #topLeft doesn't help.  How do
I achieve the desired effect?

EDITING TEXT
My subclass of RectangleMorph has an UpdatingStringMorph in it.  It
doesn't seem to be getting any of the text I type.  What do I need to
tweak to make this work?

I am using the UpdatingStringMorph because I have a model elsewhere
that holds the text; I thought this might be the best way to approach
it.  However, there are a lot of textual things floating around
(TextMorph, StringMorph, UpdatingStringMorph, and I think some
others).  What should I use in what situation?

Also, my text (set programmatically) displays with the apostrophes
around it.  The underlying model is 'some text' (a string, not a text
object).  Is there a way to get rid of the "'"?

MENUS
Currently I'm overriding yellow button down to pop up a MenuMorph.
But I see lots of menu-y methods around, and wonder if there is a way
to piggy back my menu onto an existing one.

I'm holding at 3.0 for now.

Thanks.