Updated Squeak Quick Reference

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Thu Apr 12 17:17:56 UTC 2001

Andrew P. Black wrote:

> What is written there is true, but I don't think that it's really
> useful to a novice.

You are probably right. I needed to use my knowledge of what these messages
do to figure out what the descriptions meant, and that is not a good sign...

You could say something about basicNew being a primitive that you don't
override, and that you typically override new with "^super new initialize",
with a note not to accidentally type self instead of super there, or forget
the return caret. There is right now at least one method that contains the
latter bug...

Henrik