Squeak for 3-year-olds

Raab, Andreas Andreas.Raab at disney.com
Mon Apr 30 05:57:59 UTC 2001

Steve,

> A major point of frustration (moreso for my 2-year-old than for the
> 3-year-old -- it's amazing the difference in dexterity even though
> people often think they're twins) is dealing with the keyboard and the
> left/right/middle mouse button thing. I want to trash both devices. A
> single-button mouse would be better. Maybe a G4 iMac with OSX for the
> kitchen (when they come out). Must keep the kiddies away from
> Windows as long as possible :)

Gee - you're not telling me you're running Squeak in a window, do you?! ;-)
Try going to full screen and then you'll have it all for yourself. WRT
single button mouse - I agree. Actually there's a VM preference that makes
all the buttons look the same (in other words, your k-button mouse behaves
like a 1-button mouse) but it got broken at some point in the past and I'm
just about to fix it.

Cheers,
  - Andreas