Pictures from SS2001 & slash/dot numbers

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Apr 19 21:07:35 UTC 2001

Hi, first some pictures from Peter Hatch, this is the only link I've
received, if you took pictures that you got somewhere, please let me
know and I'll link to them.

http://www.mojowire.com/pictures/index.php3?directory=SmalltalkSolutions2001

Regarding Slash/Dot, well I got 45,000 hits yesterday against my web site.
I don't have traffic limits, or pay for traffic so I wasn't too
concerned, and the server handled the load quite well. What I found
interesting was I could pick a fortune 100 company name at random and
could find it in my access log.

Hits directly against the Smalltalk Solutions 2001 trip report

  6127:  /html/smalltalksolutions2001.html	(Intro)
  6017:  /html/smalltalksolutions2001#3.html	(Tuesday)
  2880:  /html/smalltalksolutions2001#2.html	(Monday)
  2244:  /html/smalltalksolutions2001#4.html	(Wednesday)

Before being slash dotted I had about 1200 page hits against each day.

Smalltalkers are *encouraged* to post useful links in the discussion
on the thread at.

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/04/18/001236&mode=thread

I suspect this will live on the developer slash/dot page for a few
days to come.