My First Doc Contribution

Karl Wilson khwilson at bigfoot.com
Fri Apr 13 02:11:00 UTC 2001

thanks for the tutorial!

I vote for leaving it just the way it is - and maybe posting a record
of the mailing list thread after it - I think having a record of the
thought process and false (or unnecessary) leads is great - it gave
me the chance to think, "but why have the TextMorph in the first
place - why not add an instance variable to the playfield" - which
may or may not be the best way to do it - but it works also. If it is
perfect to begin with then I wouldn't get that chance.

A question - is this the way the PDA or ChineseCheckers etc were
built? - if so - how do you get the composite morph to be it's own
class? - I tried - debug -> make own subclass - and called it Kounter
- but when I do "Kounter new openInWorld" it just makes a playfield.

Mark Guzdial's book has a great intro to the debugger - made me see
the light - rather than being worried when it pops up - now it is my
friend

Karl