Smalltalk & Squeak featured on Slashdot

Bob Hartwig bob at bobjectsinc.com
Wed Apr 18 16:57:16 UTC 2001

Oh man, this started out my day with a laugh, thanks.  The pro-Smalltalk
posts came across as genuine and informed, the negative ones came across as
trolls.  Reasonable people who read these posts will be intrigued, while
the typical Slashdot weenie will go away with his worldview validated,
content to jump through hoops for another day.

The only potentially damaging post was the one by the GA Tech guy, who
actually *used* Squeak and ranted about how much he hated it.  On the other
hand, I finally have an explanation for all of those GA Tech Squeakers who
kept complaining that they couldn't get SqueakAmp working.  :)

	-Bob

BTW John, my condolences to your server.