HELP! MIDI-player demo sounds like *@#%!

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Apr 27 04:16:24 UTC 2001

>Stephane was right: processor cycling was on.  I was at my wits end
>over this one.  Once again, the Squeak list saves the day.  Thanks
>Stephane; I'm posting this here so that other can learn from my
>mistake.
>
>	Andrew

There is a user preference to turn power saving features OFF. Only on
the mac right now, but other VM people are welcome to consider the
implications for sound on IBM like PCs, but do they create sound?

However as you've found out Apple changed the sleep logic for 9.1. On
my powerbook this now gives me 9+ hours of battery life, but makes
sound (ah interestings...)