Another Morphic Tutorial

Christopher Sawtell csawtell at xtra.co.nz
Tue Apr 17 10:51:09 UTC 2001

On Tuesday 17 April 2001 18:01, John Hinsley wrote:
> Dan Shafer wrote:
> > The tutorial said we had to right-click in the text area but I found (on
> > a Mac) that just clicking into the area worked fine. Maybe it's
> > system-dependent?
>
> Ooops! Did I write that? It is system dependent. I'm also dyslexic left
> for right!

That must be why you talk about the yellow exclaimation mark on the right,
when its actually on the left.

> On Linux boxes, it's left click.

Might it be an idea to talk about the buttons by their (virtual) colours,
then the tutorial texts will be system-independent.

Also, in the bank balace tutorial the last exercise does not work as the
Bar-Chart program uses an old and now non-working class.

I'm slowly trying to get my head around Squeak-Smalltalk and am happy to
report tutorial and documentation bugs, but do not know the address to send
them to.

Anybody?

--
Sincerely etc.,

 NAME       Christopher Sawtell
 CELL PHONE 021 257 4451
 ICQ UIN    45863470
 EMAIL      csawtell @ xtra . co . nz
 CNOTES     ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/languages/C/tutorials/sawtell_C.tar.gz

 -->> Please refrain from using HTML or WORD attachments in e-mails to me <<--