Ameliorating/refactoring Squeak

Florin X Mateoc mateoc_florin at jpmorgan.com
Fri Apr 27 18:15:14 UTC 2001

Sorry, I am in conversation with myself again (that's because I like so much the
company of intelligent people).
Actually, the Squeak Foundation could do something very important here: hire
somebody to review and reject/approve the patches/goodies, test (and regression)
test them on multiple platforms, then incorporate them into the core. It would
still not be as good as many users, but it would force everyone into a user once
they are incorporated.
This could all happen on multiple branches as well.
I am sure this would increase developer satisfaction and productivity, as well
as the quality of the Squeak platform in general. It would still not bring us
new users though and eventually we need them.

Florin

mateoc_florin at jpmorgan.com on 04/27/2001 01:44:23 PM

Please respond to squeak at cs.uiuc.edu