Squeak on Linux Framebuffer??

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Apr 12 20:14:37 UTC 2001

Mayuresh A Kathe <mayuresh at vsnl.com> is widely believed to have written:

> > To quote from the HURD Reference:
> > "Currently, the Hurd only runs on Intel i386-compatible
> architectures"
>
> Hadn't know about that one...
> Aren't there any efforts to port it to any other platform?
>
> But just think, an OO environment running on top of an OO kernel...
> Wow...
Probably not actually, since people don't seem to mean the same thing at
all across the two fields. Mostly what I see is more 'object based' than
'object oriented'.
For real integration of the levels, do the dynabook thing and run
Smalltalk on the metal, or at least as close as you can be bothered to
get. See http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim/pooters/RTOSinSmalltalk.html for
the paper on this subject I presented at the 99 OOPSLA workshop.

tim
Strange OpCodes: CEQ: Corrupt and Erase Queue