Squeak port to HP Jornada J720 (WinCE ARM H/PC)

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sun Apr 15 04:09:25 UTC 2001

> I would like to compare the performance with other PDAs (Linux or WinCE)
> ports. How do I run a benchmark?
"0 tinyBenchmarks" will give you the numbers fora trivial bytecode heavy
loop and a tough send-return recursion. I'd guess you'll get similar
numbers to my Acorn machine at ~10m bytecodes/sec and ~380k sends/sec -
maybe a little faster on the sends since the faster memory bus might
kick in. MVC world should be just fine, but you'll probably find
Morphic life a lit tle sl ow mos t of th e ti me.

tim

I'm so skeptical that I'm not sure I'm really a skeptic