Learning Smalltalk

Joey Gibson joey at joeygibson.com
Thu Apr 19 12:53:03 UTC 2001

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001 04:51:32 EDT, JArchibald at aol.com wrote:

||| => 4/18/01 5:39:19 PM EDT, joey at joeygibson.com =>
||| << I learned with the GNU St tutorial in 1995.. >>
||| Joey,
||| I'm not familiar with this tutorial. Could you supply a pointer?

	I'm not even sure if it's available anymore. GNU St, back in 1995, was
a command line tool, and had no browsers or anything like that. What you
would basically learn from that tutorial was the core language and some
library stuff like Bags and OrderedCollections. I wouldn't recommend it
over any of the books that have been mentioned, I just threw it in for fun.

Joey

--
-- Sun Certified Java2 Programmer
-- Political Rants: www.joeygibson.com