[BUG]necessary method removed in latest updates

Sam Adams ssadams at us.ibm.com
Fri Apr 20 17:00:04 UTC 2001

Andreas,
That's possible, if I happen to load someone's project off the super swiki
and it had some remove method changes in it.  None of my code messes with
those classes.
This brings up some issues on loading projects with attached change sets,
doesn't it?  I'm not expert on these wonderfull downloadable projects, but
it seems the attached change sets are applied to the image in such a way as
to be reversible for additions, not deletions.  Is this so?  This behavior
would explain my experience, given that I had loaded some fo these demo
projects into this image.  Perhaps we need to have something like a
deletion firewall when loading these projects that at least notifies you
when a project load is about to delete, or even modify a standard class or
method?

Regards,
Sam

Sam S. Adams, IBM Distinguished Engineer, IBM Research
tie line 444-0736, outside 919-254-0736, email: ssadams at us.ibm.com
<<Hebrews 11:6, Proverbs 3:5-6, Romans 1:16-17, I Corinthians 1:10>>

                    "Raab, Andreas"
                    <Andreas.Raab at d       To:     "'squeak at cs.uiuc.edu'" <squeak at cs.uiuc.edu>
                    isney.com>            cc:
                                          Subject:     RE: [BUG]necessary method removed in latest updates
                    04/19/01 08:02
                    PM
                    Please respond
                    to squeak

Sam,

This must be something in some custom code you have - a vanilla updated
image has no references to #installEventHandlerOn:

Cheers,
  - Andreas