[GOODIE] MarkedUpTextActions

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Sun Apr 29 19:51:58 UTC 2001

from preamble:

"Change Set:		MarkedUpTextActions
Date:			29 April 2001
Author:			Bijan Parsia

Not really done, but kinda fun.

This goodie adds a command to the cmd-6 formatting menu (is there a
better name for this), 'render HTML'. If you select a bit of HTML in a
normal text pane (e.g., a workspace) and select this command, it will
replace your HTML with text rendered as Scamper would render it. Handy
for adding URLs, images, or lists to your documents. Haven't hacked it
into GeeMail yet (which is what prompted it in the first place.

As you can tell, I hope to add other markup types (Latex, Swiki, etc.).
I *think* it stores the markup with the rendered text, but I'm not sure
;) There's a host of issues about keeping that synched. Ideally, I'd
like if one could render Squeak text to HTML, LaTeX, what have you. E.g.
publish your GeeMail docs to the web. Yadda yadda. Gotta run. Have
fun."!

Here's a thought. Sometimes I have things like this which are just
hacked together to a working state, good enough to share, but not really
what I'd want to go into the main distribution. It might help the
volunteers if we also added [TBI] (to be included) and [JFF] (just for
fun) tags (or the like) to help the sorting process.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia