In case of segfault.....

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Apr 25 17:00:48 UTC 2001

On Wednesday 25 April 2001 09:32, John Hinsley wrote:

> So, in the event of a segfault, what actually gets trashed, or, better,
> what should I *always back up*? I seem to remember conventional (?)
> wisdom saying it's the image, but Mark's slides suggest the changes
> file....

The changes file is always appended to; you should always be able to get your
code back from it. Of course, if you're using direct manipulation to make
things, you won't have anything useful in the changes file. The changes file
has all your method changes, and deletions, as well as doits.

In your case, you would want a backup of your image as well.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA
email:     ned at bike-nomad.com