Update 3880 was broken; now fixed

Ted K. Ted.Kaehler at disney.com
Thu Apr 19 23:09:56 UTC 2001

Folks,
	As Andreas pointed out on April 4th, there is a serious problem
with update 3880.  Update 3880 in the 3.1 alpha sequence installs a
SystemVersion class.  This change has serious consequences for updating.

	I have created a fix and modified some files on the update server.

	If you have updated beyond 3880, please execute this doIt:

| existing |
existing _ ChangeSorter allChangeSetNames.
existing _ existing collect: [:cngSet | cngSet copyReplaceAll: '/' with: '_'].
existing _ existing collect: [:each | each initialIntegerOrNil].
(existing select: [:each | each notNil]) asSet do: [:each |
	SystemVersion current registerUpdate: each]

	Then, you may ask for updates as usual.

	If you are not up to 3880 yet, you will encounter my fix when you
update.  After update 3880, you will be asked to dismiss a Halt window.
When you have done that, you may ask for updates again.  All should be well
after that.
	(Disney Internal users got the doIt expression in 3924, and are fine.)

--Ted.

Ted Kaehler,   Walt Disney Imagineering, R&D
(home) 3261 Montecito Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89120.  voice (702) 456-7930
http://www.webPage.com/~kaehler2/