Stop Press - was Re: UNIX 2.8 and/or 3.0 downloads?

Bruce ONeel beoneel at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 7 11:44:00 UTC 2001

Hi,
	I think I can solve this problem if we wait two days.  I
just realized  (duh) that I do in fact have access to a Solaris
system, though I don't right now know what version it runs.
Monday evening, my time, so Monday morning Calf time,
I will upload both a 2.8 and a 3.0 full package, ie, vm,
image, change, sources, etc with a readme which will let one install
and use squeak without being root and without even telling you
that you need to be to install :-)

  The 2.8 package will be at ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/Smalltalk/Squeak/2.8
and the 3.0 package will be at (from memory)
ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/Smalltalk/Squeak/3.0/unix-linux.  I'll send
a note around when this is done.  And there even is a bonus, these
packages will be known to at least run a little bit, ie I can test
them.

cheers

bruce