Help! Text input with focus?

Russell Allen russell.allen at firebirdmedia.com
Tue Apr 3 05:12:43 UTC 2001

Hi all,

This should be a simple question, but I've got completely stuck on it.
My software goes through a question and answer session, with the user
having to enter some text into a box, then press Enter to continue.

However, all of the methods I have tried require the mouse pointer to be
in the text input box in order for that box to have the focus.   At
first I didn't notice this since I am used to both Squeak and various
Un*x environments with this sort of focus, but it drove the students I
was testing the software on completely batty - they were always clicking
in the text field, then moving then mouse away, then typing into thin
air.

How can I get a simple text entry box in Morphic that grabs and
maintains focus even when the mouse leaves?

Any help would be greatfully received, as I can't work out how to do
this!

Frustratedly,

Russell

     Russell Allen - russell.allen at firebirdmedia.com