[Updates] 40 for 3.1alpha

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Apr 5 01:20:00 UTC 2001

"Raab, Andreas" <Andreas.Raab at disney.com> is widely believed to have written:

> Dan wrote:
> > 1.  If you use a changeSorter to 'destroy' this changeset and
> > any later ones with numbers, then if you again ask for
> > updates, you should get all those beginning with the first
> > one you destroyed (you can confirm by asking 'about this
> > system' which will tell you what it THINKS is the highest update).
>
> If that still works, then the following update
>
> >3880versionUpdate-mir -- Michael Rueger -- 2 April 2001
>
> is *really* broken :-) One of the ideas was to get rid of the dependency of
> update numbers and change sets. So what you should really do is
>
> 	SystemVersion current highestUpdate: <updateNumber>
>
> and then request updates again.
Looks like it must be broken then; I did
	SystemVersion current highestUpdate: 3887
tried update and was told no new updates exist. Same if I try 3886 (just
in case it was merely an off-by-one). SystemVersion current
highestUpdate reported 3887/6 as appropriate.
Destroying the 3888 changeset and updating _did_ work. Obviously
something wierd must have happened the first time since the method is ok
now. Very odd.

tim

Useful random insult:- Her memory is truly random-access.