SDL, OpengL, etc (was: Squeak + Darwin)

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Thu Apr 12 07:04:12 UTC 2001

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001 Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com wrote:

> >So, by hook or by crook, I'd say that OpenGL support is coming.
>
> See "OpenGL for Squeak":
> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1759

Yeah, I tried to refactor this to allow the same protocol for Win32 and
X11, but no luck so far. That is, I did the refactoring, but now as soon
as I call any OpenGL function via FFI Squeak crashes (seg fault) *sigh*.

Besides, I'm not sure if it would even work the same way on X. I think you
can't just create a GL context for a window, because it has to have a GLX
visual. And then, I'm not sure if I can mix X11 drawing with GL drawing on
the same drawable ...

This is Linux/XF86-4/Nvidia GF2 btw ...

-- Bert