[ENH] MailOutTweaks

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Tue Apr 24 04:19:49 UTC 2001

from preamble:

"Change Set:		MailOutTweaks
Date:			24 April 2001
Author:			Bijan Parsia

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
-----
On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 bparsia at email.unc.edu wrote:

> And, hey hey, this is my first time using the 'mail to list' feature of
> change sorters. Way cool!!

Indeed. I tried that once, it asked me if I want to create an EMAIL
database, I said, and eventually I couldn't send a thing. Also, it does
not include the sender's full name, which is unfortunate because the
sqfixes archive looks much nicer with it.
-----

This little tweak 1) adds the sender's full name, and 2) adds a
preference to send mailouts without using Celeste.

Some observations (to be worked on another day):
	1) Preferences class>>deletePreference: doesn't delete the associated
generated methods. This can hose the preference panel pretty quick.
	2) There should be a set of preferences equivalent to the
Mac's Internet Config. I.e., central mail, news, web, net, etc.
preferences that all apps can use. Celeste shouldn't have it's own
game!!
	3) Properly divorcing the CelesteComposition classes form Celeste is
important. Editing email shouldn't be dependant on a particular mailer!!
	4) MailMessages should be able to mail themselves.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia

P.S. This ENH was sent with the doNotUseCelesteForMailOuts preference
enables."!