[BUG?] This interpreter cannot read... mac

jack jeaton at trentu.ca
Sun Apr 22 19:02:09 UTC 2001

hi,

someone recommended smalltalk for me to learn about oo, and i found
squeak to look like the best version i want to use, but when i tried to
open it by dragging the image onto the vm i get the following error message:

This interpreter (vers. 6502 cannot read image file (vers. 10624
Hit CR to quit

That is on a rev. a imac running os8.1, squeak 3.0, vm alpha 8.

I also tried the same combination on a g3 firewire powerbook running
os9.1, same thing...
also with vm alpha 11, same thing, except it said [...] image file
(vers. 0 instead of 10624

i posted this on comp.lang.smalltalk and got a post recommending that i
post here. anyone know how i can get squeak running?

thanks,

jack