Squeak and PalmOs?

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Sun Apr 15 10:31:43 UTC 2001

Alan.Kay at disney.com said:
> Was I bashing? I thought I was just pointing out an unpleasant easily
> avoided (by them if they had thought ahead or read a little more
> about how to do this stuff) state of affairs ....

Well, my interpretation of your use of the word "dumb" let me to this
conclusion :-)

> Saying they are the
> most widespread PDA (as though this somehow justifies their mistakes)
> is a lot like the similar statements about Microsoft being the most
> widely used SW, therefore ...... -- what does this have to do with
> whether their stuff is any good or not?

Absolutely not. I'm the first one to shout "one million flies..." when people
say that MS stuff must be good because it is sold so much. I think it'd be
cool to have Squeak on PalmOS not because of technical coolness, but because
it is such a widespread platform. Especially because it's a consumer-oriented
device.

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>