[ANN]SqueakNews E-zine Call for Participation

Squeak News editor at squeaknews.com
Wed Apr 18 19:29:19 UTC 2001

We are starting a new Squeak online magazine (e-zine) called "Squeak News" and plan to publish the first issue on the web in June.

Squeak News will be available in 3 major forms:

. Squeak newsletter: This newsletter will summarize developments in Squeak weekly
   and will be delivered to subscribers via email
. On the Web: via plain HTML and Swiki with Squeak plug-in,
                       and totally in Squeak (as a Squeak project or a complete downloadable)
. On a small, easy to ship CD-Rom

We may also consider a PDF version and a printed "s-zine" if there is enough demand.

We believe Squeak News will be the first fully interactive "active e-zine" that is to be published in the medium that it is about.

If you think you can contribute in any way, please send email to:

mailto:editor at squeaknews.com

Contributions are sought after in any area related to Squeak including but not limited to:

. Active essays, tutorials
. Any subsystems that you developed and want others to know about
. Hardware that could run Squeak, porting, new platforms
. Experience in teaching Squeak in schools and universities
. Experience in evaluating and/or using Squeak in the industry
. Performance analysis, comparisons and benchmarks
. Issues you want to raise and discuss

Currently the only perk we can offer contributors is a 1 year subscription to the CD version of the e-zine.

Please contact us via email to let us know about any news leads, notices, job ads, job wanted notes, meetings, conferences, or anything else about Squeak that you think Squeak community would want to know.

We are also looking for volunteers to assist us in the process of publishing, enhancing, distributing Squeak News and translating the e-zine to other languages.

Cheers

Tansel Ersavas
Editor,
Squeak News