Squeak on Linux Framebuffer??

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Apr 11 19:52:14 UTC 2001

Kevin Fisher <kgf at golden.net> is widely believed to have written:

> Will do...I tried building the code (is it as simple as using sqFbWindow.c
> instead of sqXWindow.c in the Makefile?) and it didn't compile properly
> due to some odd ftell() and fseek() prototype mismatches.
Ah-ha! The only way I've found to avoid that is to brutally comment out
the line
	# define USE_INTERNAL_IMAGE
which seems like poor way to solve the problem but it does seem to allow
a compile to finish.

> I'll spend some more time on it tonight (hopefully) and see how it goes.
> One thing, however: the code seems to reference an include that
> no longer exists in the 3.0 VM source, namely sqUnixInternalPlugins.h.
> I have this file in my 2.9a source code...is it no longer needed?
Certainly doesn't seem to be needed.
I thonk you'll aslo want to remove the refernces to joystickInit &
serialInit (or whatever). These aren't needed since the plugins call
that code via their initialiseModule() response.

tim

Computers are a more fun way to do the same work you'd have to do without them.