Squeak on Linux Framebuffer??

Kevin Fisher kgf at golden.net
Thu Apr 12 01:36:49 UTC 2001

Success!!  Sort of...

I had to hack up the sqFbWindow.c file a bit...there were several prototypes
missing:

squeak.a(gnu-interp.o): In function `primitiveGetNextEvent':
/usr/local/home/kgf/dload/src/Squeak-3.0/build/gnu-interp.c:11805: undefined
reference to `ioGetNextEvent'
squeak.a(gnu-interp.o): In function `primitiveInputSemaphore':
/usr/local/home/kgf/dload/src/Squeak-3.0/build/gnu-interp.c:12132: undefined
reference to `ioSetInputSemaphore'
squeak.a(gnu-interp.o): In function `primitiveScreenDepth':
/usr/local/home/kgf/dload/src/Squeak-3.0/build/gnu-interp.c:16050: undefined
reference to `ioScreenDepth'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Basically, I did a big cut-and-paste job from sqXWindow.c, excluding any of
the events stuff related to X11.  Then I hacked up the Makefile to remove all
X11 references, and bingo!  It worked!

Right now I'm looking at Squeak running on the raw framebuffer on my iPaq!
The colours are wrong...probably related to that display depth stuff you were
talking about earlier.  Also, I've got no touch screen input.

So, there's a bit of work to be done yet, but at least I've got something
displayed.