Who shall we hang?

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Tue Apr 24 10:25:16 UTC 2001

One of my favourite Java applets is the Hangman game by Patrick Chan,
Herb Jellinek
and Chris Bucchere
(it's somewhere on the Sun Java site as one of a number of applets
listed as "other"). Or a Google search might find it.

I'd like to try and write it as a game (rather than a squeaklet) in
Squeak.

I can make a start with the images supplied with the applet, but at some
point it'd be nice if the image of Duke (the Java mascot) was replaced
by something more appropriate to Squeak. I thought of using Bill Gates
(easy to draw, prototype readily available in X Bill, etc) but then,
wouldn't everyone want to spell the words wrong just for the pleasure of
seeing him hang? (And then, I shouldn't be Operating Systemist about
this.)

Has anyone any ideas? (No suggestions of people in the Smalltalk/Squeak
community, please!) Or maybe there is an image of the Squeak mouse with
legs somewhere?

Cheers

John
Marx: "Why do Anarchists only drink herbal tea?"
Proudhon: "Because all proper tea is theft."