Help for Richard's Frustrations (Re: UNIX 2.8 and/or 3.0 downloads?)

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Fri Apr 6 04:47:08 UTC 2001

On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, Joshua Channing Gargus wrote:
[snip]
> > What I want for a UNIX binary release is
> >  *one* directory containing executable, images, changes, README, and
> >  perhaps a man page.  (Oh yes, and an edition of LaLonde revised for
> >  Squeak.  I'm not going to get any of this, so might as well dream.)

Might be worth asking if he'd and/or his publisher would put it under the
open content licence, or some such manuever. Assuming an electronic
version exists, I'd get behind revising it.

Er..That's "get behind" in the sense of "aid and abet in" rather than
"appreciate the hard work of others"

[snip]
> > My complaints are the complaints of a frustrated lover, not a critic.

Perhaps a little music would help soothe the savage mouse? Maybe smooth
the way? Set the moooooooood?

[cue violins]
"Squeakers in the the niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, exhanging projects,
	Hacking through the night
What were the chances we'd be sharing screens
	before the night was through.

Something in your sounds was so inviting,
Something in your code was so exciting,
Something in my heart,
Told me I must have you.

Squeakers in the night, four easy files
	They were simple in my sight
	Up through two point seven,
Then came two point eight final
	Little did I know
Love was a su root away
An unrelenting su root away.

Every since that night, my hair's been fraying,
Lovers at first signt, installs forever
	Have not yet turned out right
For this Squeaker in the niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!"

Cheers,
Bijan "Frankie" Parsia.