Open a project from a file bug?

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Fri Apr 13 19:02:20 UTC 2001

I'm using 3.0final on SuSE 6.4.

I'd saved a couple of projects I'd done in 2.8. They're in a directory
in my home directory, so the heirarchy looks like:

/home/john/Squeak

I get to:

[]
home
  john
   Squeak
_______________

ibm[....]
projects[....]

but if I click on projects, I can't get in and just get:

Select a file

[]
home
  john
   Squeak
    projects

and can't actually pick or load the project.

In the file open dialogue, I can get straight in (but this isn't what I
want)!

I'm not sure if this is a bug (unlikely as the other dialogue works) or
if Squeak3.0 will only open (for loading) Squeak3.0 projects.

It's no big deal (only a couple of hours work, oh joy!) and wouldn't
appear to be a permissions issue (after all, it is my home directory).
Any ideas on how I might get these projects loaded would be welcome.

While I'm at it, is there any way to get the menus to list stuff
alphabetically, and to exclude certain files? I mean, if I'm trying to
load a new morph from a file, why do I see a list of image files and
nothing else? (I mean, no directories, no .project files, nothing but
the .gif, jpeg, png and bmp files lying around my home directory).

John
Marx: "Why do Anarchists only drink herbal tea?"
Proudhon: "Because all proper tea is theft."