oh, yuck!

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Apr 20 18:08:52 UTC 2001

"Andrew C. Greenberg" <werdna at mucow.com> is widely believed to have written:

> > Yeah. Seemed a little strange. BTW, i checked out the link that Doug
> > gave me
> > for exobox. Holy crap, that's hot! That is one nice interface, all
> > original?
> > No Morphic?
>
> Yes, its gorgeous, lickable and appears quite functional.  What is more,
> it was done ALL in morphic.
Lickable? I don't think we ever considered oral hex for controlling
the UI. Talk about potential for virus problems....

It was all very functional, very good looking and extremely flexible for
look/layout/etc. Needed some more optimisation to really run fast enough
on the appallingly slow machines that potential customers wanted to use
(200MHz pentium 2s etc) but it was getting there.

Talk about a failure of the marketplace.

tim
Useful random insult:- Failed the Turing test.