StarLogoAnts and missing class

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Apr 27 02:21:05 UTC 2001

On Thursday 26 April 2001 18:50, Ross Boylan wrote:
> Anyone know about running this on MS Windows?  I assume I'm out of luck on
> Linux with the plugin.

You're never out of luck with Linux!

Just generate the VM sources and re-compile!

in Squeak:
	StarSqueakPlugin translate
quit Squeak.
move the generated .c file (and its directory) to your source directory:
	mv StarSqueakPlugin Squeak-3.0pre2/src/generated/

cd into your build directory
	cd Squeak-3.0pre2/build

and re-build
	make clean
	make
	make install	(as root, if necessary, or just move files)

This is from memory, but I think it's all I had to do. Specifically, I didn't
have to add StarSqueak to src/unix/PLUGINS as I recall.

If you have an x86 system and aren't up to that, you could get it from me and
put it with your other plugin shared libs (my guess is that only the .so is
necessary). Look at:

http://nedkonz.dhs.org:8080/Ned/uploads/10/StarSqueakPlugin.so
http://nedkonz.dhs.org:8080/Ned/uploads/10/StarSqueakPlugin.la

--