x86 jitter? (One more try!)

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Fri Apr 13 18:50:36 UTC 2001

> 0 tinyBenchmarks
>
> J3:       '143,417,366 bytecodes/sec; 19,801,527 sends/sec'
> interp:  '109,215,017 bytecodes/sec;  3,351,243 sends/sec'

Hmm. Does this mean J3 is now available for x86? If so, where?

(Linux in my case... but regardless; I thought J3 was still only out for
MacOS?)

And incidently; aren't sends opcodes? I mean, the difference in bc/sec
isn't that great, but yet the number of sends show a huge increase (which is
a good thing of course). But how is a send done if not in response to an
opcode?

Or is bc/sec "bytecodes per second, no counting message sends"?

PGP userID: 0x5584BD98 or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com>'
Key retrival: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey at scode.infidyne.com
E-Mail: peter.schuller at infidyne.com Web: http://scode.infidyne.com