[OT] How We Discuss Things

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at atlas.otago.ac.nz
Wed Aug 1 01:45:56 UTC 2001

Dan Shafer <dshafer at yahoo.com> wrote:
	It seems to me that if we moved from the older mailing list model
	to a true discussion board or Swiki model for all of our
	discussions, we'd all be enriched and our experience would be
	both more effective and more efficient.

AARGH!  No!  Please!  Not another thing where I have to click all over
the place.  The day I have to use a browser to read Squeak news is the
day I unsubscribe.

	But I never hear anyone
	suggest this, which indicates perhaps I am alone in my feeling
	that this is such an archaic and relatively inefficient way of
	dealing with such material.

I think the mailing list is a very _efficient_ way to process this
material.  It's an order of magnitude more pleasant than using a browser.