Licenses for goodies Re: [ANN] kats-0.1a - a smalltalk transaction service

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at mucow.com
Wed Aug 1 18:54:05 UTC 2001

How can you remove the Apple-specific provisions without removing the
corresponding content?

One approach would be to replace the "no less favorable to Apple"
language with "no less favorable to Licensors," where the latter term is
defined to include Apple and subsequent licensors, but I'm not sure that
is a good thing.  Right now, all we have to do is to talk Apple into
changing its mind.  If we promote a more "generic" agreement that
includes interim developers in the benefit of the "no less favorable"
provision, then we will need ALL subsequent developers to sign on to the
license change.